Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mi...@sonynetservices.com on 2002/07/12 14:52:20 UTC

XML Form, extended validation and error messages

Hello,

  i again have a question concerning validation in connection with XMl
forms.
  Is there a standard way how to handle validation, that cannot be done
with
  the Schematron approach?

 I mean something like validating if a password is already existing in a
 database or running a Luhn Test for credit card validation.

 In the moment I would do this validation in my Action that I provide for
 the form handling (e.g.: the perform() method).

What I would like to find out now is how to get error messages back
to the page where the wrong input came from, if the validation fails.

Can I access the xml file and  add an error?

How is it supposed to be done?

By the way I got the FormTransformer plus the Schematron error messages
running with i18n and will post how it worked for me next week (after
I tested it a liitle bit more)

Thanks in advance for any help!

miHam