Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Steve Yurong Su <ro...@apache.org> on 2022/07/13 11:55:00 UTC

[REQUEST] Edit Permissions for FLIP

Hi folks!

My name is Steve Su, and I am currently a third-year master’s student
at Tsinghua University.

I am now participating in a Flink-related student project in OSPP
(Open Source Promotion Plan[1]). The project aims to design and
implement the generic rate limiter for the FLIP-27 source and apply
the rate-limiting feature to the Flink CDC project. @Leonard Xu is my
mentor in this project.

We already had many discussions on source rate-limiting on the mailing
list, such as [2], [3], and so on. Leonard and I had an offline
discussion, and we thought that it would be great to have a generic
rate limiter, so I’d like to raise a new FLIP to illustrate the design
further.

Please grant my account FLIP edit permissions. My apache confluence
account id is `steveyurongsu`. :D

Thanks,
Steve Su
---
[1] https://summer-ospp.ac.cn/homepagy
[2]https://lists.apache.org/thread/ff6mcos8g4otnhjrp030lrcrf3omgfmf
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/7gjxto1rmkpff4kl54j8nlg5db2rqhkt

Re: [REQUEST] Edit Permissions for FLIP

Posted by Alexander Fedulov <al...@ververica.com>.
Hi Steve,

If your intended implementation involves changes to the Source API, it
should certainly be a separate FLIP.
Looking forward to your proposals.

Best,
Alexandere Fedulov