Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/11/24 09:57:15 UTC

What should happen to Trinidad 1.0.x ? (was: Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] Trinidad core: 1.0.13))

Looks like the Trinidad community failed to get a proper release out.
It's because nobody here cares about JSF 1.1 that much, which makes sense.

But a few users are _still_ on that JSF version, hence I wanted to get
a new maintenance release out.

What should we do with Trinidad 1.0.x ?

* start a new vote and declare that 1.0.13 will be the last release ?
* don't even bother in releasing Trinidad 1.0.13 ?

-Matthias

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Blake,
>
> thanks for voting. Together with my vote, we got two votes.
>
> This is means there will be NO Trinidad 1.0.13 release. Too bad that
> the community
> is not really interested in even getting maintaining releases out :-(
>
> -Matthias
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Blake Sullivan
> <bl...@oracle.com> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> -- Blake Sullivan
>>
>> On 11/14/10 9:44 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> sent from my Android phone
>>
>> On Nov 10, 2010 2:07 PM, "Matthias Wessendorf" <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was running the needed tasks to get the next release of the Apache
>>> MyFaces Trinidad 1.0.x CORE out. The artifacts are deployed to a
>>> staging repo ([1]).
>>>
>>> Please take a look at the "1.0.13" artifacts and vote.

>>> [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
>>> [ ] +0
>>> [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released,
>>> and why..............
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Matthias
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-055/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Matthias Wessendorf

> Matthias Wessendorf

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: What should happen to Trinidad 1.0.x ? (was: Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] Trinidad core: 1.0.13))

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
My vote is 'start a new vote and declare that 1.0.13 will be the last release'

-Matthias

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Bernd.

Regards,
Jakob

2010/11/24 Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>:
> Hello
>
> I would prefer to start a new vote and declare hat 1.0.13 will be the
> last release.
>
> Regards
>
> Bernd
>

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Looks like the Trinidad community failed to get a proper release out.
>> It's because nobody here cares about JSF 1.1 that much, which makes sense.
>>
>> But a few users are _still_ on that JSF version, hence I wanted to get
>> a new maintenance release out.
>>
>> What should we do with Trinidad 1.0.x ?
>>
>> * start a new vote and declare that 1.0.13 will be the last release ?
>> * don't even bother in releasing Trinidad 1.0.13 ?
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Blake,
>>>
>>> thanks for voting. Together with my vote, we got two votes.
>>>
>>> This is means there will be NO Trinidad 1.0.13 release. Too bad that
>>> the community
>>> is not really interested in even getting maintaining releases out :-(
>>>
>>> -Matthias

>>> --
>>> Matthias Wessendorf

>> --
>> Matthias Wessendorf

Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: What should happen to Trinidad 1.0.x ? (was: Re: Result (was: Re: [VOTE] Trinidad core: 1.0.13))

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello