Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Matej Artač <ma...@xlab.si> on 2017/03/24 12:10:56 UTC

TOSCA test assertions

Greetings,

a while ago we started a discussion about the TOSCA test assertions. I
have asked and dug around a bit about what one can do with them. I found
that the tools for consuming the test assertions are at the moment
project-specific and possibly not usable out-of the box.

One is the TAMELizer [1], a tool created by Fujitsu America, Inc. It
handles XML artifacts and works in two phases: first it runs the tests
to generate evaluation traces, then it analyzes the traces to create an
assessment. This tool has last been updated in 2011.

Another tool that is being actively developed is from the Alien4Cloud
project [2]. That tool consumes the TOSCA test assertions and generates
Cucumber scenarios. It is a Java tool, but probably it - or at least the
general principle - can be adopted and used also in ARIA TOSCA.

I haven't had much time myself to go any deeper or see if I can come up
with some other way of handling the test assertions, but if/when I do,
the Cucumber approach feels like the most viable one.

I'm not sure if this is useful to you, but any feedback is welcome.

Best retards,
Matej

[1] https://code.google.com/archive/p/tamelizer/
[2] https://github.com/alien4cloud/alien4cloud-tosca-conformance

--
Senior researcher
XLAB d.o.o.

DICE project team leader and WP5 leader: http://www.dice-h2020.eu
Member, OASIS TOSCA Standard Technical Committee

Live chat: visit http://www.xlab.si/ and click Live chat
Google Drive, hangouts: matej.artac.it@gmail.com
Office phone: +386 1 244 77 53