Posted to users@camel.apache.org by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/14 22:11:49 UTC

Query relating to the Rest Component

Hi

Want to expose a new Rest Service. Looking at using:
(1) Apache Restlet component or
(2) Apache Rest component

Obviously the restlet component leverages the restlet implementation to
implement a rest API. Unclear what rest framework/implementation that the
rest component is using

Thanks
Joe

Re: Query relating to the Rest Component

Posted by gilboy <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response Matt

My camel based application is going to be deployed in to an existing apache
tomcat container. Hence, I am thinking it probably makes more sense just to
use the camel-servlet component and leverage its rest dsl support.

However, would there be any any advantage of using the Restlet component
which I am overlooking

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
That's up to you. You can use a few different HTTP implementations behind
the scenes. I use camel-netty4-http for instance. There are like 8 options
currently: https://camel.apache.org/rest-dsl.html

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>