Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/23 13:21:44 UTC

FILE_URI vs NATIVE_URI question (camera plugin)

So in Camera plugin you can choose FILE_URI or NATIVE_URI, but it's not
clear to me what should each of those return.
I found this old thread <http://markmail.org/message/o4ypogc3w5awkytw> but
it's still unclear to me.

Right now camera plugin in Android, it sometimes return a content:// url,
other times it returns a file:// url, and other times an url without scheme
(like /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera)

Might be even more, those are just the 3 types I found, but didn't try
every possible case.

Also, the Camera plugin in Android treat both as the same, so even if we
consider both to be the same, we should decide which kind of url we will
return, I don't think we should have three (or more) different url types on
the same plugin.

Re: FILE_URI vs NATIVE_URI question (camera plugin)

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Seems to me we could simplify things to one type and let the developer
process what is returned whether file://, content:// or cdvfile://