Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/23 07:37:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.6.0-incubating

This is the first incubator release for Apache Whirr, version 0.6.0-incubating
and the last release as an incubator project.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311110&version=12316468

*** Please download, test and vote by August 26, 2011.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
for convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~asavu/whirr-0.6.0-incubating-candidate-0

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewhirr-058

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/whirr/tags/release-0.6.0-incubating

Whirr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/whirr/dist/KEYS

Note that the Incubator PMC needs to vote upon the release after a
successful PPMC vote before any release can be made official.

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.6.0-incubating

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:58 PM, tog <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 (don't know if allowed to vote ;-))

Anyone can vote, however only particular votes (ie by ipmc members)
are binding. Thanks!
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by tog <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
On 08/24/2011 07:09 PM, Andrei Savu wrote:
> Now that the resolution was accepted by the board is no longer
> possible to have a last release as an incubator project?

Whirr is no longer an incubator project.  Whirr can now make releases
without permission from the Incubator PMC.  Even if the project's
resources are still located within the Incubator, Whirr is a TLP and can
release like one.

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.6.0-incubating

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First incubator release for whirr  (0.6.0-incubating) ?

More like the first release for the 0.6 branch.

> Didn't Whirr just graduated ?
> http://markmail.org/message/ggjcxf6ndeaxn224

Yes but there are many things we have to do in order to prepare the
infrastructure so that we can have a release as a top level project.

We have been working on the current candidate for more than 2 and a
half months and I don't it's a good idea to delay things even more.
We've discussed about this and we've decided that this should be our
last release as an incubator project.

Now that the resolution was accepted by the board is no longer
possible to have a last release as an incubator project?

Thanks,
Andrei

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.6.0-incubating

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the first incubator release for Apache Whirr, version 0.6.0-incubating
> and the last release as an incubator project.

First incubator release for whirr  (0.6.0-incubating) ?

> It fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311110&version=12316468
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by August 26, 2011.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
> for convenience.
>
> Source and binary files:
> http://people.apache.org/~asavu/whirr-0.6.0-incubating-candidate-0
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewhirr-058
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/whirr/tags/release-0.6.0-incubating
>
> Whirr's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/whirr/dist/KEYS
>
> Note that the Incubator PMC needs to vote upon the release after a
> successful PPMC vote before any release can be made official.

Didn't Whirr just graduated ?
http://markmail.org/message/ggjcxf6ndeaxn224

Based on this :
- Release votes does not need to be held on IPMC lists (e.g. general@a.o )
- You should remove -incubating from the release artifacts

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.6.0-incubating

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
+1, I checked md5/sha1/asc, built, tested and ran RAT. Everything
looked fine to me.

Patrick

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Checked signatures and started a HBase cluster.

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro

Posted by tog <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1