Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2012/01/05 17:34:09 UTC

Re: [Studio] Releasing a first milestone for version 2.0 (2.0.0-M1) soon?

Thanks for your answers guys.

I have committed the final updates for a release of this version (mainly features and updatesite related) and I will try to propose a release tomorrow.

It will be a good test to see if we're still able to release the project more than 20 months after the last release (so many things have changed…).

In order to release Studio, I will also need to release versions of Shared (LDAP API) and ApacheDS.
I'm wondering if we should consider these releases as new milestone release for these two projects (1.0.0-M9 for Shared and 2.0.0-M4 for ApacheDS).
WDYT?

About the Studio release, development isn't over yet. There are still some things to tweak and update (like the documentation, a few translations missing), as well as small know issues, like an issue with the SchemaManager not reporting a few error case when checking the schema.
But, overall, the application works great and I expect to address all of these issues in the next iterations.

So, tomorrow, be ready for some release commits (with rollbacks I guess, as usual…) and a new vote thread to celebrate 2012.

Cheers,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 1/5/12 5:34 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Thanks for your answers guys.
>
> I have committed the final updates for a release of this version (mainly features and updatesite related) and I will try to propose a release tomorrow.
>
> It will be a good test to see if we're still able to release the project more than 20 months after the last release (so many things have changed…).
>
> In order to release Studio, I will also need to release versions of Shared (LDAP API) and ApacheDS.
> I'm wondering if we should consider these releases as new milestone release for these two projects (1.0.0-M9 for Shared and 2.0.0-M4 for ApacheDS).
> WDYT?

We can do that. Although we won't advertize such a Milestone on the web
site, as it's just a matter for you to have a released version of the
server. I can cut a release we can vote if you need it.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com