Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Domingos Antonio Pereira Creado Júnior <cr...@cpqd.com.br> on 2007/08/28 16:15:52 UTC

installing a ueber jar

Hi there,

I´m developing an applet that has many dependencies. To speed-up the load phase, I´m using the ueber plugin [1].
The ueber plugins works fine.. It creates a smaller jar, but with a suffix "-uber" under target directory.
The issue that I´m facing is how install this ueber jar under repository?
I´ve already tried many "tricks" like above, and none work:

- set the final name of the generated jar by ueber equal to final name.
- configure a install-file execution under pom.xml like:

                   <plugin>
                        <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
                        <executions>
                             <execution>
                                   <id>install2</id>
                                   <phase>install</phase>
                                   <goals>
                                         <goal>install-file</goal>
                                   </goals>
                                   <configuration>
                                         <groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
                                         <artifactId>${artifactId}</artifactId>
                                         <version>${version}-ueber</version>
                                         <packaging>jar</packaging>
                                         <file>
                                               ${basedir}/build/${artifactId}-${version}-ueber.jar
                                         </file>
                                         <generatePom>true</generatePom>
                                   </configuration>
                             </execution>
                        </executions>
                  </plugin>

But maven complains that the properties like artifactId is read-only....

Does anyone has a clue about installing a file like uber under local repository?
Thanks in advance

[1] - http://mojo.codehaus.org/minijar-maven-plugin/ueberjar-mojo.html

Atenciosamente

Msc. Domingos Creado
DRT - CPqD Telecom & IT Solutions
Tel.: +55 19 3705-6423 / Fax: +55 19 3705-7268
Cel.: +55 19 8183-1003
creado@cpqd.com.br
www.cpqd.com.br

"Que ninguém se engane, só se consegue a simplicidade através de muito trabalho."
Clarice Lispector

"Simplicidade é a sofisticação máxima."
Leonardo da Vinci

Re: installing a ueber jar

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Use build-helper-m-p and attach your artifact to the build/project.

Wayne