Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pe...@ubs.com on 2006/08/07 16:39:01 UTC

[m2] ant run plugin

Hi

<property name="was6.home" value="C:\Program
Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer" />

<taskdef name="wsejbdeploy"
classname="com.ibm.websphere.ant.tasks.WsEjbDeploy" />

I have a problem defining the ant run. I have copied the Ant tasks to
the
ANT_1.6.5\lib directory, but Ant does not seem to know where the
external ant task? How is M2 invoking Ant?

--
Peter Pilgrim
UBS Investment Bank,

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.

Re: [m2] ant run plugin

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/06, Peter.Pilgrim@ubs.com <Pe...@ubs.com> wrote:
> [...]

I'm not using m2. With the m1 plugin, we use <exec> on ws_ant to run a
generated build.xml.

> --
> Peter Pilgrim
> UBS Investment Bank,
> PTS Portal / IT FIRC OPS LDN,
> 100 Liverpool Street, London EC2M 2RH, United Kingdom
> :: Java EE / E-Commerce / Enterprise Integration / Development ::
>
> Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

> arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender therefore
> of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If
> verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
> related financial instruments.

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize" -
Muhammad Ali

RE: [m2] ant run plugin

Posted by Pe...@ubs.com.

Re: [m2] ant run plugin

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
>From what I know, it's not a bug in the WAS ant tasks.

That system property (and many others) are set by ws_ant.bat|sh and
setupCmdLine.bat|sh and some tasks rely on those properties.

On 8/8/06, Peter.Pilgrim@ubs.com <Pe...@ubs.com> wrote:

==////==

Re: [m2] ant run plugin

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On 8/8/06, Peter.Pilgrim@ubs.com <Pe...@ubs.com> wrote:

[M2] Intercept the workings of EJB Plugins (was RE: [m2] ant run plugin )

Posted by Pe...@ubs.com.
Hi

I finally got M2 and Antrun Plugin and the WebSphere ant task
WsEjbDeploy
to work successfully.

I have a question on the M2 maven-ejb-Plugin. I would like to intercept
the EJB plugin after it creates the server side EJB JAR
in the `target' directory, but before it installs the artifacts
in the maven repository.

In other words I would like my websphere antrun command to run
on this stage temporary jar and then let the maven-ejb-plugin
take over.

1. maven-ejb-plugins creates the foo-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and
foo-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT client.jar
2. ant-run plugins runs wsejbdeploy
   2a) wsejbdeploy takes the foo-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
   2b) wsejbdeploy outputs an foo-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT-TEMP.jar
   2c) simply ant script swaps around foo-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and
foo-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT-TEMP.jar
3) maven-ejb-plugin is non-the-wiser installs the
foo-ejb-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar into M2 repo.

Is this possible?

Re: [m2] ant run plugin

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.