Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Chris Reynolds <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 11:26:40 UTC

Obtaining the client's host name

Hi,

Is it possible using the API to obtain the client's host name - i.e. a
reverse DNS lookup? If not I guess it is safe to use gethostbyaddr_r to look
it up from the client's IP address.

Thank-you,

Chris Reynolds.

Re: Obtaining the client's host name

Posted by Chris Reynolds <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thank-you for the suggestion - I will just use gethostbyaddr_r for the
moment.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Theo Schlossnagle <je...@omniti.com>.
I would think we'd need to provide a convenience function that uses
the DNS subsystem to do PTR record lookups.

--
Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle

Re: Obtaining the client's host name