Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Bertrand, Shawn R" <sh...@tycoelectronics.com> on 2007/06/22 21:51:10 UTC

[Trinidad] Reverse positioning of components

I'm running into a very weird problem in which two components in my
panelPage - a tree and a panel group containing another panel group and
a table - are switched on the page.  That is, they should be positioned
with tree on the left and panel group (with table) on the right, but
they instead appear the other way around.  This usually happens when the
application session times out, the browser is open at the time of the
timeout, and the user logs in to the application again.  At that point,
if I shut down all instances of the browser (can be IE or Firefox) and
re-login, everything is back to normal.

All of my managed beans are session scope, and I've verified that I'm
not using any static variables in the managed beans that might be
causing the layout issues.  Seems to me that some browser-level state
setting might be causing this, but I certainly cannot be sure.

One more note:  I toggle the rendered state of the panelGroup
programmatically through PPR when the user clicks on a link in the tree.

Has anyone ever since this kind of behavior?  Anything I should look for
in the DOM once the problem has reproduced?

Shawn Bertrand

Tyco Electronics