Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ex...@nokia.com on 2006/03/07 19:27:37 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Servlet Tomcat 5.0.28

Greetings All -

I'm getting this error when starting Tomcat using the 'startup.bat' file on Windows XP.  The 'servlet-api.jar' file is in the '/common/lib' directory and I have other web apps that are functioning correctly.

The 'web.xml' file is valid (i.e. no syntax errors).  I have been over and over it.  The app used to start up fine.  I don't know of any changes I made to the 'web.xml' that would cause it to fail - at least not like THIS!

I also get an 'InvocationTargetException' thrown by the Digester during startup.  Related?

Does anyone know what could be causing this?  What should I look for in solving this problem?

Thanks!

- KFM

Kevin F. Murdoff

CMS Developer