Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vighnesh <sv...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/11 11:36:02 UTC

is it possible to write delta query without using timestamp column?

hello everyone

is it possible to write delta querys without using timestamp column in
database table?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vighnesh

Re: is it possible to write delta query without using timestamp column?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Try here for more details: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#Using_delta-import_command

Any query can be put into deltaQuery - whatever makes the most sense for your database, to select the id's that need updating.  Then deltaImportQuery is used to pick up the details of the data to be updated/added.

I'm no DIH expert here.  It's very tricky to work with, IMO.  But maybe a little fiddling is all it'll take to get what you need.

	Erik

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Yes.  But the query will best work if you have some "delta" criteria. Otherwise you might as well do a full import.

   Erik