Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/05 19:59:54 UTC

Re: APR hash vs httpd implementation

I think that question is best answered by the people who develop
mod_cache, aka dev@httpd.apache.org.

That said, I'll offer a guess: that is along-lived hash table that
will see plenty of churn over time. An APR hash table would continue
to grow and consume memory, but you really don't want that to occur in
mod_cache. Thus, to keep memory reasonably constrained, it avoids
using pools.

Cheers,
-g