Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Tom Caulkins <To...@sas.com> on 2002/06/19 21:56:14 UTC

java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getManifest() fails for log4j-1.2.3. jar

The method java.util.jar.JarInputStream.getManifest() returns null when applied to the log4j-1.2.3.jar file.  I believe this is occurring because the Manifest.mf file is not the first entry in the jar file.  This is also true of the 1.1.3 jar files ( log4j.jar and log4j-core.jar ).  I have not tested log4j-1.2.4.jar.

Tom

Tom Caulkins
Senior Systems Developer
Platform Services - Business Intelligence Platform
SAS Institute Inc.
Tom.Caulkins@sas.com