Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/12/08 16:31:12 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8029 Submitter should be able to reject merge request

---

** [tickets:#8029] Submitter should be able to reject merge request**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** merge-requests
**Created:** Tue Dec 08, 2015 03:31 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Tue Dec 08, 2015 03:31 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

The submitter of a merge request should be able to change its status to "rejected" (or possibly delete it, but I think that'd be going too far).  [#5993] for updating an existing request will help too, but there's still a good case for rejecting your own MR I think.

This has been requested by several SF users: https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/feature-requests/254/

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #8029 Submitter should be able to reject merge request

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: in-progress --> review

---

** [tickets:#8029] Submitter should be able to reject merge request**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** merge-requests
**Created:** Tue Dec 08, 2015 03:31 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon Jan 11, 2016 01:21 PM UTC
**Owner:** Pranav Sharma

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: in-progress --> closed

---

** [tickets:#8029] Submitter should be able to reject merge request**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** merge-requests
**Created:** Tue Dec 08, 2015 03:31 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Sat Jan 30, 2016 05:05 AM UTC
**Owner:** Pranav Sharma

Posted by Pranav Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
https://forge-allura.apache.org/u/pranav/allura/ci/d63bde6de572a4a888012f6bae4e4c45750786cf/

I have added a button which would reject the merge reject. It would only be visible to the submitter of the project.

---

** [tickets:#8029] Submitter should be able to reject merge request**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** merge-requests
**Created:** Tue Dec 08, 2015 03:31 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon Jan 11, 2016 02:07 AM UTC
**Owner:** Pranav Sharma

Posted by Pranav Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.
https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/git/merge-requests/89/

---

** [tickets:#8029] Submitter should be able to reject merge request**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** merge-requests
**Created:** Tue Dec 08, 2015 03:31 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon Jan 11, 2016 07:34 PM UTC
**Owner:** Pranav Sharma

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: review --> in-progress
- **Comment**:

The new `reject` method has several lines that are the same as the `save` method.  It'd be better to share the same method, so there's not repeated code.  Can you change the `save` method to incorporate the additional permission checking, and have the form submit there?

The added `get_creator()` method looks the same as the `.creator` property defined right above it.  Can you use `.creator` instead?

The reject button is right up against the sidebar.  Can you put a `<div class="grid-19">` around it like the Merge button has?  Then it should have some spacing.

Thanks

---

** [tickets:#8029] Submitter should be able to reject merge request**

**Status:** in-progress
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** merge-requests
**Created:** Tue Dec 08, 2015 03:31 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon Jan 11, 2016 06:58 PM UTC
**Owner:** Pranav Sharma

[allura:tickets] Re: #8029 Submitter should be able to reject merge request

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
The `@LazyProperty` decorator should be kept on the `def creator` method/property.  Removing it will change functionality and likely break other things elsewhere that use it.  What it does is very much like the standard `@property` decorator: it becomes an attribute that you access without `()`.  And the "Lazy" part of this decorator is custom, it caches the result so that if you reference it again, it doesn't re-run the code, just uses the saved result again.  Several tests do fail, potentially because of this.

The form doesn't actually work right now.  It doesn't specify the status field when it submits.

What if a non-creator tries to reject a merge request?  Doesn't look like the logic supports that any more, but it needs to.

There still is duplicated code, although its in the same method now.  Can you get all the permission checking done first, and then have just one section of code with the render/add_post/status lines?

Adding a test for this new situation would be good.  `test_merge_request_update_status` is an example to look at.  You'd have to change it to use a non-admin to create the merge request and then reject it.

---