Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kevin Duffey <kd...@buymedia.com> on 2000/11/09 23:21:42 UTC

RE: "logon.do not found"

Do you have a web.xml that names the servlet AND maps the servlet in your
WEB-INF folder?

Re: "logon.do not found"

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Keith Barron wrote:

> Yes I do have the web.xml in  WEB-INF, which has the std. entry for the
> "action" servlet.
>
> This gets into where I have only a vague understanding of how Struts works.
> Its probably a good idea for me to look under the covers of Struts and get a
> better understanding of how the "action" servlet works anyway.

Have you modified the example application at all?  If not, it has the following
entry in the web.xml file to define the *.do mapping:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

What OS, JDK, and servlet container are you using?

What URL did you use to invoke the application?  Normally it would be something
like this:

    http://localhost:8080/struts-example/

Craig McClanahan

Re: "logon.do not found"