Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jugal Kolariya <ju...@rancoretech.com> on 2013/08/12 16:51:03 UTC

Merging 2 indexes into a single existing file.

Hello All,
             I have created Indexes for 100 files on my local server.
These indexes are now being used for Search operation.

Now, from the backend, new files are created on FTP server.

I have to now create indexes for newly created files on FTP server. This
can also be done without any problem.

Problem:

Having created indexes on FTP server, I wish to ensure that these newly
created indexes of FTP server get merged completely with indexes present
on Local Server.

Hence when I will perform search on Local server, the search should also
be performed on newly created indexes.

Is it possible to merge 2 indexes into a single existing index file. Any
guidance will be highly appreciated,
--

        Thanks & regards
        /Jugal Kishore Kolariya

Re: Merging 2 indexes into a single existing file.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Use IndexWriter.addIndexes?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com