Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/07/27 10:18:53 UTC

[build] Lots of test failures/regressions

I've just fixed a break (r979569) that was stopping the hudson builds
running all the tests.  However even with the aborted tests run, there
were a lot of regressions.  See:

  http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Harmony/job/Harmony-1.5-head-linux-x86_64-full-tests/272/

Unfortunately, hudson hadn't done a build in a while so quite a few
changes went into that build which makes it harder to see what might
have caused the failures.

The latest test run:

  http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Harmony/job/Harmony-1.5-head-linux-x86_64-full-tests/275/

should at least run all the tests.

Please can we focus on fixing these regressions?

Regards,
 Mark.

[general] Next milestones (was: Re: [build] Lots of test failures/regressions)

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Maybe time to plan the next milestone release -- we have lots of fixes
in since the last set of releases and it would be good to get all these
improvements thoroughly tested and out there.

Set some dates for the end of August?

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 27/Jul/2010 10:42, Deven You wrote:
> Tim
> We need applied HARMONY-6594 and HARMONY-6590 all together, since HARMONY-6594
> fixes CharsetEncoder's behavoir which discloses the errors in
> OutputStream.close() which will be fixed with HARMONY-6590

Let me test them together and see what's happening.

Regards,
Tim

Re: [build] Lots of test failures/regressions

Posted by Deven You <de...@gmail.com>.
Tim

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikołaj Paulina Roszak <en...@stargard.mm.pl>.
Mikołaj Paulina Roszak
+48 604339153
PL07 1160 2202 0000 0001 0723 2044
S.W.I.F.T. BIGBPLPWXXX
mikolaj.roszak@bankmillennium.pl

Re: [build] Lots of test failures/regressions

Posted by Deven You <de...@gmail.com>.
Mark,
These errors will be  fixed by HARMONY-6590 which is  marked as a dependency
on the HARMONY-6594 jira.  Our logic of  OutputStream.close() is wrong
according to java spec (wrongly use CharsetEncoder.flush()), but previously
our CharsetEncoder also doesn't comply with RI so that 2 errors by chance
let OutputStream.close() pass luni unit test before . Please see my comments
on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6590. Thanks a lot!

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.