Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Jassy Wang <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/12 08:31:17 UTC

[VOTE]: Support Livy client for script submitting Solution

Hi All,

   Given the positive response to the design doc [1], here is the
formal vote thread to merge LIVY-596 in to trunk.

   Summary of code changes:
   1. Add support of submitting by script for Livy server
   2. Code changes for this branch are done in livy-client project, and
there is no impact to current livy
   3. Add Parameter Support for specify session

   We are willing to accept more new ideas and communicate about this
feature, and this is our design doc:

   The vote will run for 7 days(including 5 weekdays), ending Sat June
19th. I will start this
vote with my +1.

Regards,
Zhefeng Wang

Reference
[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sc-EHLBhLhmqVn7kQqUexxZ1vwEomb8lW-Vvlpj2Gmc/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LIVY-596

Re: [VOTE]: Support Livy client for script submitting Solution

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Please see:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ip_clearance.html

You should at a minimum file a CLA, you might also need an SGA which
is explained in "Establishing Provenance" section of the document.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: [VOTE]: Support Livy client for script submitting Solution

Posted by Jassy Wang <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: [VOTE]: Support Livy client for script submitting Solution

Posted by Jassy Wang <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jassy Wang <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Gaido <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
+1, it make sense to have this in livy. This would be helpful for livy's
adoption.

Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org> 于2019年6月12日周三 下午7:38写道:

Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: [VOTE]: Support Livy client for script submitting Solution

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marco Gaido <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yang Jiandan <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Meisam Fathi <me...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Meisam

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Jassy Wang <ja...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	06/12/2019 01:31 AM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] [VOTE]: Support Livy client for script submitting
            Solution

Hi All,

   Given the positive response to the design doc [1], here is the
formal vote thread to merge LIVY-596 in to trunk.

   Summary of code changes:
   1. Add support of submitting by script for Livy server
   2. Code changes for this branch are done in livy-client project, and
there is no impact to current livy
   3. Add Parameter Support for specify session

   We are willing to accept more new ideas and communicate about this
feature, and this is our design doc:

   The vote will run for 7 days(including 5 weekdays), ending Sat June
19th. I will start this
vote with my +1.

Regards,
Zhefeng Wang

Reference
[1]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1Sc-2DEHLBhLhmqVn7kQqUexxZ1vwEomb8lW-2DVvlpj2Gmc_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=l9if3JY-u_cBTgSaiWWDolfBnU7z1rFsnOLOW7wwmYY&s=5eHW8tUdY9IvfaaAiZuwaZjfHmVyCH-D3qEtfg86Qxs&e=

[2]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_LIVY-2D596&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=l9if3JY-u_cBTgSaiWWDolfBnU7z1rFsnOLOW7wwmYY&s=9gRTlgoycrCxDYrJypqgmFb3y83lnQ6l6d1Bb00fJuM&e=

Re: [VOTE]: Support Livy client for script submitting Solution

Posted by Ryan Skraba <ry...@skraba.com>.
+1 for me too!  I'd be particularly excited to see this funcitonality for
testing our (sometimes weird) livy configurations.

Posted by runlin zhang <ru...@gmail.com>.