Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/04/29 16:00:28 UTC

Minutes of the Woden Status Telecon, 2008-04-29

Attendees: Lawrence Mandel, John Kaputin

Minutes

1. Open Action Items - Lawrence Mandel

2008-02-26 - John will update the instructions on running the W3C WSDL
validation report in the Woden development process document.
2008-04-08
John: I'll take a look at this after the Woden M8 release.
2008-04-29
John: I started work on this today. The information that's there is too
brief. This task should take a couple of hours.

2. Milestone 8 (M8) Wrapup - Lawrence/John

Lawrence: M8 has been released. I announced the release on the dev list
and Web site.

John: How did you handle publishing the Maven artifacts to the Maven
repository?
Lawrence: The Maven repository is just a directory structure on
people.apache.org. Dims ran a Maven build and we worked together to
publish the required Maven artifacts.
[action] John will update the build publish information to include
information about publishing Maven components.

Lawrence: The Woden dist build doesn't create a folder ready for
publishing. The artifacts are in different folders. For example, the
checksums are in a checksums folder and the test results, KEYS and readme
files aren't copied in. I'll open a Jira.

Lawrence: It's been nearly a year since the last Woden release. I think we
need to take on smaller pieces so we can release more often.

3. Milestone 9 (M9) Planning - Lawrence

John: I'll roll over the milestone plan items from M8 to M9. I'll put date
TBD. M9 will be about assertions. 1.0 will be about answering the
questions about the API.

Lawrence: Let's target an early summer release for M9. Once the assertions
are done we should cut the release.

4. Development Discussion - All

Lawrence: How's the serialization work coming along? Is it ready to merge
into trunk?
John: I need to look at the serialization branch in more detail again. One
issue that I know is remaining is that lines need to be properly indented.

Lawrence: Sudhir Vishwanath contributed a binding assertion in WODEN-103.
I've assigned this Jira to Sudhir. The contributed assertion needs to be
reviewed. I don't see a test case on the Jira. We should request a test
case as well.

5. Other Business - All

No other business raised.

Thanks,