Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Laurence Arabia <uf...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/11 15:15:59 UTC

JSP's compiling web.xml -webinc option on JspC

Hi

     At the moment I am using -webinc jspweb.xml with JspC and then I merge
this with my web.xml which has all my servlets definition in it. But this is
a bad way of doing it cause I am messing with 1000's of lines of text. What
is the proper way to do this ?

Is there an option in web.xml that I can "include" jspweb.xml. So then I can
build my jsp's and it will rewrite  jspweb.xml without having to change
web.xml.

Or is there a merge option that I do not know about.

Using tomcat 5.0.12

Thanks

Re: JSP's compiling web.xml -webinc option on JspC

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
:
: Is there an option in web.xml that I can "include" jspweb.xml. So then I
: can build my jsp's and it will rewrite  jspweb.xml without having to change
: web.xml.

Do you use Ant for your builds?
If so, search the archives -- this topic was discussed recently on the
list (within the last 2-3 weeks).  I posted my (somewhat inelegant)
solution, so you could search for my posts to narrow the result set.

You could also use XML entity refs, but those can cause portability
problems: they require absolute file paths to be reliable.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com