Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/03/13 21:37:19 UTC

cleaning up src/resources/schemas

Folks,

the empty src/resources/schemas dir is bothering me - can we get rid of
it (repository-side?)

we decided somehow to use src/resources/schema instead

anyone any outstanding commits?

</Steven>

RE: cleaning up src/resources/schemas

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
David wrote:

> The existence of empty directories on the repository-side
> worries me too - it gets very confusing for newcomers.
> (If you want to get horrified, then look at xml-cocoon2 via
> "viewcvs" on the website.)
>
> I gather that the reason that the empty directories are still
> there is that there is old stuff in each Attic. In this case, the
> Attic is just clutter - copies of what has moved to schema/
> (In other cases the Attic may still be relevant.)
>
> So Steven, if you know how to get rid of schemas/ server-side
> then please do.

Done (using rm -Rf on the server as somehow suggested in
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_7.html#SEC74)

Yes indeed, empty meaningless directories with no sensible Attic history
should be carefully manually vaporized in my belief :-D

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Steven Noels wrote:
> Folks,
>
> the empty src/resources/schemas dir is bothering me - can
> we get rid of it (repository-side?)
>
> we decided somehow to use src/resources/schema instead
>
> anyone any outstanding commits?
>
> </Steven>

We agreed a while back that src/resources/schema is the
final location. We also discussed whether there were any
outstanding commits in schemas/ ... the answer was "no".
So it was removed from the repository.

The existence of empty directories on the repository-side
worries me too - it gets very confusing for newcomers.
(If you want to get horrified, then look at xml-cocoon2 via
"viewcvs" on the website.)

I gather that the reason that the empty directories are still
there is that there is old stuff in each Attic. In this case, the
Attic is just clutter - copies of what has moved to schema/
(In other cases the Attic may still be relevant.)

So Steven, if you know how to get rid of schemas/ server-side
then please do.

-- David