Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/04 10:39:18 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-369 Alternative Partitioner to Support "Always Round-Robin" Selection

Hello,

I have made necessary changes as per the original discussion thread, and
would like to put it for votes.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and guidance so far.

Regards,

Re: [VOTE] KIP-369 Alternative Partitioner to Support "Always Round-Robin" Selection

Posted by ha...@fastmail.fm.
Having Round-robin partitioner as default makes sense.
+1 (binding).

Thanks,
Harsha

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Abhimanyu Nagrath <ab...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Magesh Nandakumar <ma...@confluent.io>.
+1 ( non-binding)

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have now submitted the PR for review. Thanks Matthias for pointing out
that KAFKA-3333 was raised to address the same.

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6771

if someone reviews after Jenkins build is complete, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsha.