Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Winona Whitener <wi...@poweredbyrex.com> on 2008/11/10 15:10:02 UTC

Help with the package command

Maven newbie here,

I have put in the upgrade to the pom.xml to get it to point to 1.5, but
I'm still getting numerous errors when I try to package up my schema for
use by Apache DS.  Here is an example of the errors that I'm getting:

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarAttributeTypeProducer.java:
46: cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable EMPTY

location: class edm.CarAttributeTypeProducer

        attributeType.setNames( names.toArray( EMPTY ) );

                                               ^

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarAttributeTypeProducer.java:
[63,47] cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable EMPTY

location: class edm.CarAttributeTypeProducer

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarAttributeTypeProducer.java:
[80,47] cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable EMPTY

location: class edm.CarAttributeTypeProducer

could not parse error message: [checking edm.CarComparatorProducer]

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarComparatorProducer.java:16:
cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable ProducerTypeEnum

location: class edm.CarComparatorProducer

        super( ProducerTypeEnum.COMPARATOR_PRODUCER );

               ^

could not parse error message: [checking edm.Dummy]

[checking edm.CarSyntaxCheckerProducer]

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarSyntaxCheckerProducer.java:
16: cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable ProducerTypeEnum

location: class edm.CarSyntaxCheckerProducer

        super( ProducerTypeEnum.SYNTAX_CHECKER_PRODUCER );

               ^

could not parse error message: [checking edm.CarDitContentRuleProducer]

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarDitContentRuleProducer.java
:16: cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable ProducerTypeEnum

location: class edm.CarDitContentRuleProducer

        super( ProducerTypeEnum.DIT_CONTENT_RULE_PRODUCER );

               ^

could not parse error message: [checking edm.CarSyntaxProducer]

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarSyntaxProducer.java:16:
cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable ProducerTypeEnum

location: class edm.CarSyntaxProducer

        super( ProducerTypeEnum.SYNTAX_PRODUCER );

               ^

could not parse error message: [checking edm.CarNameFormProducer]

C:\edmschema\target\generated-sources\edm\CarNameFormProducer.java:16:
cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable ProducerTypeEnum

location: class edm.CarNameFormProducer

        super( ProducerTypeEnum.NAME_FORM_PRODUCER );

               ^

All I want to do is to put my schema into DS-all I have is a schema.  I
have added two attributes and an object class.

Please let me know if anyone has had these problems.

Thanks.

Re: Help with the package command

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Winona,
I can believe it, it simply can happen. I would suggest you to repost
the problem to the Apache DS mailing lists, maybe they know what those
sources are and where the problem lies, cause this seems to be much more
an Apache DS related problem than an Apache Maven problem.

Simone

--
Simone Gianni            CEO Semeru s.r.l.           Apache Committer
http://www.simonegianni.it/

RE: Help with the package command

Posted by Simone Gianni <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Winona,