Posted to users@airflow.apache.org by "Kovacs, Laszlo" <La...@sig.com> on 2022/05/13 13:49:25 UTC

Airflow 2.x graph view problem

Hi All,

I am in the process of migrating a DAG from Airflow 1.10.7 to Airflow 2.2.4 (I know there is newer, but stuck with this due to circumstances outside my control) and ran into a strange problem.

The DAG works fine generally in Airflow 1.10.7, it has been used for a long time.

When moving it into Airflow 2.2.4, the DAG is visible in the DAG list, it has a correct tree view, tasks can been run correctly, but the graph view is empty. The graph view is not empty in Airflow 1.10.7, it works fine there.

The DAG constructor invocation is in an imported module. The DAG itself contains a "from airflow.models import DAG" statement. The created DAG is also assigned into the global space.

Anybody has any idea what could cause the DAG to not have a rendered graph view in Airflow 2.2.4 while this works fine in Airflow 1.10.7?

Thanks,

Laszlo

________________________________
IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its attachments is confidential and may only be used by the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of this email and/or any attachment by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. Neither this email nor any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument. Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this email and/or any of its attachments are free of viruses. Any views expressed are personal to the author, except where specifically stated to be the views of SIG. SIG accepts no liability of any kind either for any errors arising as a result of electronic transmission or for any loss or damage which may be sustained by any person as a result of this email and/or its attachments being communicated to any person other than the intended recipient.

Susquehanna International Group Limited is a private company limited by shares and registered in Ireland. Registration No. 445356. Registered Office Address: International Centre Memorial Road IFSC Dublin 1 Ireland

Susquehanna International Securities Limited is a private company limited by shares and registered in Ireland with the Companies Registration Office. Registration No. 337946. Registered Office Address: International Centre Memorial Road IFSC Dublin 1 Ireland. Issued share capital: EUR2.00. Susquehanna International Securities Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and is in the Temporary Permissions Regime in the UK.

Susquehanna International Securities Limited (UK Branch). Registration No. FC033877. Registered Establishment: Salesforce Tower /110 Part Floor 34 (West), 110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY, UK. Susquehanna International Securities Limited (UK Branch) is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for conduct of business rules.

Liffeyview Property Holdings Limited is a private company limited by shares and registered in Ireland. Registration No. 534083. Registered Office Address: International Centre Memorial Road IFSC Dublin 1 Ireland

Heights Capital Ireland, LLC is a branch registered in Ireland under Registration No. 908306 of Heights Capital Ireland, LLC incorporated in Delaware USA under Registration No. 5762692

SAL Trading, LLC is a branch registered in Ireland under Registration No. 906667 of SAL Trading, LLC incorporated in Delaware USA under Registration No. 4984826

If this email relates to investment services and activities as defined in Directive 2014/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on Markets in Financial Instruments (MiFID II), you are receiving the email from Susquehanna International Securities Limited.

Re: Airflow 2.x graph view problem

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
One possible use case for this is a helper/factory function in a shared
library that creates tasks for use in multiple DAGs.

I think we should look at fixing this bug rather than raising an error.

(I _think_ we already error if you try to change the DAG a task is
assigned to, so you can only set a task's dag this way, never change
it.)

-a

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/appbuilder/css/bootstrap.min.css.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

    at Function.createFromInputFallback (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:1183:25)
    at configFromString (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:3400:19)
    at configFromInput (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:3841:13)
    at prepareConfig (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:3824:13)
    at createFromConfig (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:3791:44)
    at createLocalOrUTC (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:3885:16)
    at createLocal (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:3889:16)
    at hooks (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83пїЅ.js:880:29)
    at HTMLTimeElement.<anonymous> (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/graph.b30d452пїЅ.js:180:16)
   at Function.each (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/appbuilder/js/jquery-latest.js:2:3003)

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Kovacs, Laszlo" <La...@sig.com>.
Hi Jed,

[...]

webpackUniversalModuleDefinition        @            graph.b30d452….js:9
(anonymous)     @            graph.b30d452….js:10

moment.26f1d83….js:1147 Deprecation warning: value provided is not in a recognized RFC2822 or ISO format. moment construction falls back to js Date(), which is not reliable across all browsers and versions. Non RFC2822/ISO date formats are discouraged. Please refer to http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/js-date/ for more info.
    at Function.createFromInputFallback (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83….js:1183:25)
    at configFromString (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83….js:3400:19)
    at configFromInput (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83….js:3841:13)
    at prepareConfig (https://<airflow<https://%3cairflow> server>/static/dist/moment.26f1d83….js:3824:13)