Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by vivek <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/16 11:04:08 UTC

Creating a new connection pool?

Dear Ofbiz User ML Members,

Greetings of the day.

I am working on ofbiz & had found myself under deep problem after deploying
the application on production server.

The application is crashing very frequently. The analysis after performing
JMeter test reveals that it is not able to serve the multiple users at a
time (approx 500 users in a minute or 2 concurrency failure).

Also after performing the memory analysis using jconsole (heap dump) & MAT,
i found out that most of the memory is being utilized by RMI threads & the
base.start class.

Also on checking the memory on console (unix) with jmeter running
simultaneously i found that DB (postgres) & JVM both are acquiring a lot of
memory & CPU usage goes to 130- 140% with very less amount of buffer memory
remaining (in kbs)

I have configured the application as per recommendations for production
(cache, debug, serverstats etc...) Still the problem persists.

I want to establish an extra connection pool in order to trigger few select
queries (prepared statements) bypassing the entity engine such that whenever
any select operation need to be performed i can fetch connection from the
separate pool & then trigger the query bypassing the entity engine without
disturbing the pre-allocated pool.

How shall i approach in this regard, like where to define new custom
parameters for the pool & how to obtain the connection from the separate
pool.

Any help or guidance on this will deeply appreciated.

Looking forward to read from you very soon.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Vivek

-----
Kind Regards,
Vivek J

Re: Creating a new connection pool?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
have you looked at
/webtools/control/FindUtilCache
/webtools/control/StatsSinceStart
also look at recent Jiras
what is your start up parms?
what version of ofbiz are you usiing?
check framework\entity\config\entityengine.xml
                pool-minsize="2"
                pool-maxsize="250"
framework\service\config\serviceengine.xml

vivek sent the following on 9/16/2011 2:04 AM: