Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/09/30 15:40:04 UTC

general/1175:

The following reply was made to PR general/1175; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: Nikolaus Reisel <re...@adv.magwien.gv.at>
Subject: general/1175:
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 07:36:49 -0600 (MDT)

 On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Nikolaus Reisel wrote:

 > host>gdb /proxy/apache/bin/httpd httpd.core
 >
 > GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 >  under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
 > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for
 > details.
 > GDB 4.15.1 (i386-unknown-bsdi2.1),
 > Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...(no debugging symbols
 > found)...
 > Core was generated by `httpd'.
 > Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
 > #0  0x56cb5 in kill ()

 Try adding "-g" to the EXTRA_CFLAGS line of your Configuration file and
 recompiling Apache.  Then wait until you get another core dump and it
 should be more informative.

 If you can be certain that your new binary is unchanged except for the
 addition of the -g, you should be able to use the old coredump with the
 new binary to get more information.