Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by admin <ad...@javable.com> on 2003/02/24 22:03:11 UTC

Re[2]: index.html linking and menus

Hello Jeff,

many thanks for your help

JT> 3) Copy the attached filterlinks.xsl into
JT> src/documentation/resources/stylesheets/ (you'll have to create that
JT> directory).

JT> This filters out any links that end with '/', so the Cocoon command-line
JT> doesn't see them.

Hmm, this does not work for me
when I use the line from the file you gave me

and not(substring(., string-length(.)) = '/')

the site building stops after index.html is built.

when I change it to

and not(substring(., string-length(.)-1) = '/')

(whic is obviously always gives true) -- it works. So, the problem still
remains.

JT> It might be possible with enough tweaking of a custom sitemap, but the
JT> easiest solution is just to write an Ant script to do it after Forrest
JT> has run:

yep, it worked, I just changed it to
<move todir="build/site">
   <fileset dir="build/site">
        <include name="**/*index.html"/>
   </fileset>
   <mapper type="glob" from="*index.html" to="*main.shtml"/>
  </move>

thanks for the tip.

-- Sergey

Re: forrestbar configuration

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Mark Vovsi wrote, On 25/02/2003 23.52:
> I would say, Jetty and Tomcat, but the port can be easily changed. Maybe the
> port could be set in one of the property files and read in during forrestbar
> build?

Also. ATM I'll just add the Tomcat and Jetty ones. Look at the CVS
commit message to see how it's done (it's easy once you see it)  :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: forrestbar configuration

Posted by Mark Vovsi <ma...@vovsi.com>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

forrestbar configuration

Posted by Mark Vovsi <ma...@vovsi.com>.
I recently installed the ForrestBar in my Mozilla browser. There's an option
to preview my local Forrest site, but by default it goes to 127.0.0.1:8888.
Is it possible to change that to point to say 127.0.0.1:8080?

Thanks,
- Mark

Re: index.html linking and menus

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 05:03:11PM -0400, admin wrote:
> Hello Jeff,
>
> many thanks for your help
>
> JT> 3) Copy the attached filterlinks.xsl into
> JT> src/documentation/resources/stylesheets/ (you'll have to create that
> JT> directory).
>
> JT> This filters out any links that end with '/', so the Cocoon command-line
> JT> doesn't see them.
>
> Hmm, this does not work for me
> when I use the line from the file you gave me
>
> and not(substring(., string-length(.)) = '/')
>
> the site building stops after index.html is built.

Weird, it works for me.  There's a 'forrest seed' project modified as I
described at:

http://cvs.apache.org/~jefft/tmp/forrest/skipdirs.tgz

The index.xml file has a link to a nonexistent bob/ directory.

--Jeff