Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Dicks, Matthew" <MD...@LMUS.LeggMason.com> on 2007/07/30 15:25:44 UTC

XS:IMPORT SCOMP error

I have an XSD that uses xs:import to import another everything validates
in XMLSPY however, I get the following error when I try to SCOMP...

SCOMP ERROR:
C:\>scomp -out C:\xml\2.2.0\XmlBeans\disclaimersservice2.2.0.jar c:\xml
\2.2.0\schemas\disclaimers\disclaimersservice.xsd -compiler
c:\java\jdk1.5.0_11\
bin\javac.exe -src c:\xml\2.2.0\src

disclaimersservice.xsd:5:2: error: Could not find resource - invalid
location UR
L: Illegal character in opaque part at index 2:
C:\xml\2.2.0\schemas\disclaimers
\disclaimers.xsd
disclaimersservice.xsd:9:5: error: src-resolve: element
'disclaimer@http://www.xxx
.com/schemas/disclaimers/disclaimers' not found.

XSD 1:
<xs:schema xmlns="http://www.xxx.com/schemas/disclaimers/disclaimers"
targetNamespace="http://www.xxx.com/schemas/disclaimers/disclaimers">

XSD 2:
<xs:schema
xmlns="http://www.xxx.com/schemas/disclaimers/disclaimersservice"
xmlns:dis="http://www.xxx.com/schemas/disclaimers/disclaimers"
targetNamespace="http://www.xxx.com/schemas/disclaimers/disclaimersservi
ce">
	<xs:import
namespace="http://www.xxx.com/schemas/disclaimers/disclaimers"

schemaLocation="C:\xml\2.2.0\schemas\disclaimers\disclaimers.xsd"/>

Any ideas?

Matt
IMPORTANT:  E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Legg Mason therefore
recommends that you do not send any confidential or sensitive information to us
via electronic mail, including social security numbers, account numbers, or personal
identification numbers. Delivery, and or timely delivery of Internet mail is not
guaranteed. Legg Mason therefore recommends that you do not send time sensitive
or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain
privileged or confidential information. Unless you are the intended
recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone any information
contained in this message. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the author by replying to this message and then kindly
delete the message. Thank you.

Re: XS:IMPORT SCOMP error

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,
The value you ar using for your schemaLocation is an invalid URI and that is
probably why xmlbeans is failing.
Your XSD uses the following:
schemaLocation="C:\xml\2.2.0\schemas\disclaimers\disclaimers.xsd"
and that should probably be something like:
schemaLocation="file:// ... /disclaimers.xsd"

information on valid values for an anyURI type can be found at this URL
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#anyURI

Hope this helps,
-Jacob Danner