Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2023/04/03 10:48:53 UTC

Status of directory server 2.0.0.AM27 release?

Hi,

CXF migrated recently from using Apache Directory Server in the tests
to UnboundID LDAP due to a failure on JDK 20:

I was a bit surprised when I checked out why to see that this issue is
fixed since almost two years but not released:

What needs to be done to cut a new release? Maybe the unfixed issues
assigned to this release in JIRA can be mostly moved to the next
release? Incidentally, the OSGi tests are failing for me locally.

Colm.

Re: Status of directory server 2.0.0.AM27 release?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Emmanuel,

> There are a lot of things to do if we want to cut a *perfect* release,
> but I think we can cut another milestone release.

+1.

> In any case, I'm willing to cut a LDAP API 2.1.3 release in April,
> followed by a Server milstone (I have checked that it builds, and it's ok).

Sounds good. On my part, I re-enabled dependabot on ldap-api with
automatic build of pull requests using GitHub Actions. It makes it
very easy to merge updates, if the checks are all green on the PR then
the build is OK and it can be merged.

Colm.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colm,

> CXF migrated recently from using Apache Directory Server in the tests
> to UnboundID LDAP due to a failure on JDK 20:
>
> I was a bit surprised when I checked out why to see that this issue is
> fixed since almost two years but not released:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-2326
>
> What needs to be done to cut a new release? Maybe the unfixed issues
> assigned to this release in JIRA can be mostly moved to the next
> release? Incidentally, the OSGi tests are failing for me locally.

There are a lot of things to do if we want to cut a *perfect* release,
but I think we can cut another milestone release.

I was working on fixing a few critical issues in Apache LDAP API those
last weeks, and I'm done now. Still waiting for a fix for some OSGi
tests that fail with maven Surefire 3.0.0 (but which work with
3.0.0-M5). This is currently being investigated by some Maven fellow.