Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Doug Turnbull <dt...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2017/12/02 02:17:32 UTC

Solr Ref Guide not building

Hello!

I'm trying to update the Solr Ref guide with my change for SOLR-11662. I
believe I've installed the required dependencies and double checked the
README in the solr-ref-guide. Unfortunately, running ant build-site I
immediately get this error, seemingly on the first adoc file encountered:

     [exec] jekyll 3.5.0 | Error:  No header received back.
     [exec]   Conversion error: Jekyll::AsciiDoc::Converter encountered an
error while converting 'about-filters.adoc':

I feel like I must be doing something stupid (I'll assume user error on my
part). But if there's anything obvious I'm doing wrong, please let me know

A more complete log can be found here
https://gist.github.com/softwaredoug/36fe87f0d63403e7be22d5a2ff8af073

Thanks for any help

-Doug
--
Consultant, OpenSource Connections. Contact info at
http://o19s.com/about-us/doug-turnbull/; Free/Busy (http://bit.ly/dougs_cal)

Re: Solr Ref Guide not building

Posted by Doug Turnbull <dt...@opensourceconnections.com>.
For building HTML, the ref guide specifies the following. Here's what I
have with corresponding versions

** Prerequisites: `Ruby` (v2.1 or higher) and the following gems must be
installed:
doug@wiz$~/ws/lucene-solr/solr/solr-ref-guide(mas) $ ruby --version
ruby 2.4.1p111 (2017-03-22 revision 58053) [x86_64-darwin16]

*** `jekyll`: v3.5, not v4.x. Use `gem install --force --version 3.5.0
jekyll` to force install of Jekyll 3.5.0.
*** `jekyll-asciidoc`: v2.1 or higher. Use `gem install jekyll-asciidoc` to
install.
doug@wiz$~/ws/lucene-solr/solr/solr-ref-guide(mas) $ gem list | grep jekyll
jekyll (3.5.0, 3.0.3)
jekyll-asciidoc (2.1.0)

*** `pygments.rb`: v1.1.2 or higher. Use `gem install pygments.rb` to
install.
doug@wiz$~/ws/lucene-solr/solr/solr-ref-guide(mas) $ gem list | grep
pygments
pygments.rb (1.2.0)

Then I follow the instructions in "Building the Guide"

== Building the Guide
For details on building the ref guide, see `ant -p`.

There are currently four available targets:

* `ant default`: builds both the PDF and HTML versions of the Solr Ref
Guide.
* `ant build-site`: builds only the HTML version.

And run "ant build-site" and get the output from my original email

Thanks,
-Doug

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
It may be worth considering having us publish a docker image with what's
needed for generating the ref guide.  Optional of course; and needn't be
"official".

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

________________________________

________________________________
I'm trying to update the Solr Ref guide with my change for SOLR-11662. I believe I've installed the required dependencies and double checked the README in the solr-ref-guide. Unfortunately, running ant build-site I immediately get this error, seemingly on the first adoc file encountered:

     [exec] jekyll 3.5.0 | Error:  No header received back.
     [exec]   Conversion error: Jekyll::AsciiDoc::Converter encountered an error while converting 'about-filters.adoc':
MG>possible ant build snafu
MG>configuration file: /Users/doug/ws/lucene-solr/solr/build/solr-ref-guide/content/_config.yml
MG>Deprecation: The 'gems' configuration option has been renamed to 'plugins'.
MG>Please update your config file accordingly.
MG>check output config.yml for 'gems' and sub in 'plugins'
MG>also check ant input solr-ref-guide/config.yml.template for 'gems' instead of 'plugins'

I feel like I must be doing something stupid (I'll assume user error on my part). But if there's anything obvious I'm doing wrong, please let me know

A more complete log can be found here https://gist.github.com/softwaredoug/36fe87f0d63403e7be22d5a2ff8af073
[https://avatars1.githubusercontent.com/u/629060?s=400&v=4]<https://gist.github.com/softwaredoug/36fe87f0d63403e7be22d5a2ff8af073>

doug-being-dumb.txt<https://gist.github.com/softwaredoug/36fe87f0d63403e7be22d5a2ff8af073>
gist.github.com<http://gist.github.com>