Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Stephan van Beerschoten <st...@vanbeerschoten.net> on 2021/07/09 20:28:44 UTC

Problem after WildFly upgrade ("Fault string, and possibly fault code, not set")

Hi guys,

I am having trouble with a package that worked fine on WildFly 8.2.1 but
fails to run on 15.0.1.
The package deploys fine, but when it tried to perform a webservice call,
it fails with this error:

"Fault string, and possibly fault code, not set"

I've searched with no success. The pointers given in the results don't seem
to apply to me. Here is the top part of the stack trace. The last line in
this trace is the last line of my code. The remaining stack is
auto-generated WS code by NetBeans, which uses wsimport to generate the
classes based off the WSDL, or WildFly (e.g. Apache CXF) internal classes:

2021-07-09 16:18:50,921 WARNING
[org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain] (default task-2) Interceptor
for {
http://webservice.cmsintegration.piv.va.asmr.com/}CMSIntegrationService#{http://webservice.cmsintegration.piv.va.asmr.com/}processCPR
has thrown exception, unwinding now: java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.xml.bind.PropertyException.<init>(PropertyException.java:124)
at
org.eclipse.persistence.jaxb.JAXBMarshaller.setProperty(JAXBMarshaller.java:805)
at
org.apache.cxf.common.jaxb.JAXBUtils.setEscapeHandler(JAXBUtils.java:1567)
at
org.apache.cxf.jaxb.io.DataWriterImpl.lambda$createMarshaller$0(DataWriterImpl.java:138)
at
org.apache.cxf.jaxb.JAXBDataBinding.applyEscapeHandler(JAXBDataBinding.java:271)
at
org.apache.cxf.jaxb.io.DataWriterImpl.createMarshaller(DataWriterImpl.java:138)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxb.io.DataWriterImpl.write(DataWriterImpl.java:239)
at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.writeParts(AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.java:118)
at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl.interceptors.BareOutInterceptor.handleMessage(BareOutInterceptor.java:68)
at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.doInvoke(ClientImpl.java:537)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:446)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:361)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:319)
at org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:96)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:139)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy382.processCPR(Unknown Source)
at com.mypackage.processCPR(CMS.java:174)

I'm really at a loss here. Any pointers would be appreciated.