Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com> on 2013/08/23 10:04:28 UTC

distributions

Hi,

To get a first release we have to think about distributions which we can put onto a download page.

Basically I do see this kinds of distributions:

  1.  OData Lib (api + core + dependencies)
  2.  OData Lib + JPA Processor (jpa api + jpa core + annotations + more dependencies)

About the dependencies:

I suggest not to bundle a specific Apache CXF version. The project uses a specific CXF version (currently 2.7.5) only for testing and the lib should work also with other versions. Potentially any JAX-RS implementation should work.

WDYT?

Regards,
Stephan

RE: distributions

Posted by "Huesken, Jens" <je...@sap.com>.
Hi,

+1 for [1] and [2], too.

Also I like the idea of distributing the reference scenarios ([3] and[4]) They could serve as kind of template for developers. As consequence it will definitely be additional effort to produce and distribute.

+1 for [A] and [B].

Any other opinions?

Best regards,
Jens

Posted by "Huesken, Jens" <je...@sap.com>.
I also think that a second data model makes sense to show different use cases

--Jens

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.
+1 for 3

RE: distributions

RE: distributions

Posted by "Amend, Christian" <ch...@sap.com>.
Hi,

>From me it is also a +1 for 1., 2., A and B.

 I also think we should have fixed dependencies for the reference scenarios. They should work without having to configure much to make it easier for new developers to understand how to develop an OData service.

Best Regards,
Christian

Re: distributions

Posted by "Klevenz, Stephan" <st...@sap.com>.