Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/03/28 03:07:59 UTC

How to handle endorsed libs without access to CATALINA_HOME?

Hi

I'm in the process of installing cocoon 2.1 dev on a Slackware system using
Apache1.3/Tomcat4.1.18.  When I request the Cocoon welcome page I get:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must have a
'{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!

I'm assuming this is because the xalan/xerces/apis-xml libs need to be
copied from Cocoon/Web-INF/lib into the $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed
directory.  Problem is that my project is hosted on a server that does not
allow me to modify their CATALINA (or JDK) setup.

I assume that there is another way of handling this problem.  I've tried
modifying the JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS dirs variable in my tomcat.sh script and
also adding the relevant jar files to the beginning of the CLASSPATH.  None
of these do the trick.

I'll keep on tinkering, but I thought I'd write in in case anyone already
knows how to handle this situation.

Thanks,

Richard

Re: How to handle endorsed libs without access to CATALINA_HOME?

Posted by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Geoff

Armed with your confirmation that I was on the right track, I finally spent
enough time getting JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS variable correctly configured.  The
configuration just needed to be handled in the morning, rather than late at
night ;-)

Hacking must certainly be the quickest path to sainthood.  I'm developing
well-defined patience muscles - mainly in my jaw, though...

Thanks for your input,

Richard

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.