Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Sullivan <mi...@espersunited.com> on 2004/07/03 03:57:25 UTC

Service Temporarily Unavailable

Hi.  I'm a newbie at Tomcat - I had my most successful install atempt
last night - but I've run into a small problem.  I'm using the jk2
connector running Apache as a frontend for Tomcat on a PC running Fedora
Core 1.  My workers2.properties file is:

[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
multiprocess servers.
file=anon

# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one
machine.
[lb:lb]

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
group=lb

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/servlet-examples/*]
group=lb
info=Map the whole webapp

#[uri:/home/tomcat/webapps/*]  I don't think this is really needed

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler
group=status:

but everytime I go to www.espersunited.com/servlet-examples/  I get:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) Server at www.espersunited.com Port 80

I can get to the jkstatus page just fine.  I've searched for the cause
of this error on Dogpile and I've come across several forums where
people have tried to find out how to fix this error, but none have given
solutions.  Please help!

-Michael Sullivan-