Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torsten <tr...@swipnet.se> on 2003/03/30 17:43:20 UTC

Database connections and webapp reload in the Manager

Hello!

I'm working on a small webapp using Struts, which is accessing a MySQL
database using a DataSource.
It works very nice, but I have noticed that every time I reload the
webapp using the Tomcat Manager, the current database connection is kept
but next time the DataSource is used again a new connection is opened.
The only way to close the "old" connections seems to be to restart Tomcat.
Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Torsten