Posted to user@spark.apache.org by unk1102 <um...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/09 17:12:44 UTC

jssc.textFileStream(directory) how to ensure it read entire all incoming files

Hi my actual use case is streaming text files in HDFS directory and send it
to Kafka please let me know if is there any existing solution for this.
Anyways I have the following code

//lets assume directory contains one file a.txt and it has 100 lines
JavaDStream<String> logData = jssc.textFileStream(directory);

//how do I make sure jssc.textFileStream() read all 100 lines so I can
delete it later

Also please let me know how do I send above logData to Kafka using Spark
streaming