Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Ni...@netapp.com> on 2013/02/19 12:23:17 UTC

Which class or method is called first when i run a command in hadoop

Hi All,

Thanks for your answers till now. I was trying to debug Hadoop commands. I just wanted to know that when I run any command say dfs or jar, then which method is called first. If I set a breakpoint then it executes till there but I do not come to know what all methods have been already executed.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil

Re: Which class or method is called first when i run a command in hadoop

Posted by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikhil,

Have a look inside the script file named hadoop inside hadoop bin folder.

for example:
C:\cygwin\home\hadoop-0.20.2\bin

sample code:
elif [ "$COMMAND" = "jar" ] ; then