Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/28 23:36:58 UTC

Downloads page?

Hi all,

The following page seems to list resources for developers and not
actually any downloads of deltacloud as an Apache project. Is that a
fair assessment? if so, should we move it to under a Developers
section?
http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/download.html

thanks,
dims

PS: thanks to @gmcdonald on #asfinfra for the suggestion.

Re: Downloads page?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
oops. sorry guys! found the responses in my spam folder.

-- dims

Re: Downloads page?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Downloads page?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 08/30/2010 07:18 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM, David Lutterkort<lu...@redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 17:36 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>>
>>> The following page seems to list resources for developers and not
>>> actually any downloads of deltacloud as an Apache project. Is that a
>>> fair assessment? if so, should we move it to under a Developers
>>> section?
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/download.html
>>>
>> I don't see it as a developer page. What we need is
>>
>>       * a directory http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/download/
>>       * a link to this directory from download.html
>>       * stuff to put into the download/ dir (i.e. a release)
>>
>> David
>>

> Does directory means a place to put release artifacts ? Then please
> see the link below.
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#release-distribution
>
> I guess the bottom line is, a project should only make available
> approved artifacts for download, and in the case of Incubator project,
> a release needs to be approved by IMPC. The way the download page
> pointed by Dims is structured today, it seems that all those downloads
> are approved releases from the Deltacloud project.

Seems like a good thread to add to -- we should work through the Apache
release process and get our first 'official' Apache release out. At that
point
it will be a lot easier to have a clean download page.

When would be a suitable time make a project release?

Carl.

Re: Downloads page?

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 16:18 -0700, Luciano Resende wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM, David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-08-28 at 17:36 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> >> The following page seems to list resources for developers and not
> >> actually any downloads of deltacloud as an Apache project. Is that a
> >> fair assessment? if so, should we move it to under a Developers
> >> section?
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/download.html
> >
> > I don't see it as a developer page. What we need is
> >
> >      * a directory http://incubator.apache.org/deltacloud/download/
> >      * a link to this directory from download.html
> >      * stuff to put into the download/ dir (i.e. a release)
> >
> > David
> >

> Does directory means a place to put release artifacts ? Then please
> see the link below.
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#release-distribution
>
> I guess the bottom line is, a project should only make available
> approved artifacts for download, and in the case of Incubator project,
> a release needs to be approved by IMPC. The way the download page
> pointed by Dims is structured today, it seems that all those downloads
> are approved releases from the Deltacloud project.

I didn't realise that that implies approval. I'll change the page so it
makes it clearer that these are things that are also interesting, not
officially released items.

David

Re: Downloads page?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.