Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "zyaag.gungapersad" <zy...@prodigious.mu> on 2014/09/11 12:00:45 UTC

Re: Need help on Perfmon plug in

Hello,

I am trying to launch the Perfmon jmeter agent on a windows server 2008 but
it closes immediately. Jre 7 is installed in Program Files (x86) and the
agent is installed in Program Files.

I also tried to drag and drop the serverAgent.bat file into the command
prompt and I am getting the following error message: 'java' is not
recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch
file.

I have seen in a post where someone ask to edit the serverAgent.bat file to
specify the full patch (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe). If
this is the solution, can you please advise where do I need to paste the
full path in the serverAgent.bat file? All I can see in the file is the
following: @echo off
java -jar %0\..\CMDRunner.jar --tool PerfMonAgent %*

Thank You.
Zyaad

RE: Need help on Perfmon plug in

Posted by Zyaad Gungapersad <zy...@prodigious.mu>.
Thank You Priest.

I will give it a try...

Posted by priest <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar)" <BO...@panduit.com>.
I do not know your intents, but I've often run into a situation where I need to correlate perfmon data (sometimes, 80+ parameters) on two computers and jmeter on a third.  All run on Windows 2008 R2. I did not bother using a perfmon plugin in jmeter.  Please keep in mind that perfmon data is generated, at most, once/second.  My approach is as follows:

1). All computers synchronize to a common stratum-2 clock (NTPv4).  I use an old Linux machine running CENTOS that synchronizes to 4+ servers, three of which are NIST-based stratum-1 clocks.  The registries are modified to ensure synchronization occurs once/hour (Windows default is once/week).  This minimizes clock drift on the Windows machines.
2). Data is pulled and cross-correlations can be done (e.g., via MINITAB, R, etc.).

The amount of network traffic is reduced and I get what I want.

Best regards,

Bohdan