Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com> on 2016/01/11 13:58:06 UTC

About Jenkins building on a branch

Hi Stefan,

I'm wondering if it's necessary to trigger Jenkins building on a Kerby branch, considering the current status of the project. Could we not do that? Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Kai

Re: About Jenkins building on a branch

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I've reverted to the old-style way of finding the pmd + checkstyle files
using profiles. In the future, we can consider releasing them as a separate
project, but for now I think this is not necessary.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

RE: About Jenkins building on a branch

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Kai,

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Stefan and Colm,

There has been days that we haven't received any Jenkins building on the trunk branch now. We need to bring it back ASAP. Should we revert the build-tools change (remove the module) for the fixup? Please help confirm, thanks.

Regards,
Kai

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Your fix looks magic to me. Cool. Thanks Colm.

Regards,
Kai

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Thanks Stefan for lending the hand and I'm sorry for being late on this.

>> But the build fails, the build-tools cannot be deployed because it doesn't inherit from kerby-all parent pom
I don't quite understand how build-tools works and how to fix this.

Maybe Colm or others could help with this? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Kai

> The Jenkins job that we (the PMC) can manage ourself [1] only triggers
> on changes on master (I think we need to change that to "trunk" now,
> right?).

Changed it to 'trunk'. But the build fails, the build-tools cannot be deployed because it doesn't inherit from kerby-all parent pom.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Thanks Stefan for the helpful information and I will learn about it.

Yes we need to switch to trunk from master and we wouldn't trigger the Jenkins on other branches in the current situation.

Regards,
Kai

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Kai,