Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kevin J. Turner" <kt...@dceg.com> on 2001/12/20 21:22:57 UTC

Building struts-example in JBuilder

I am trying to run the struts-example in JBuilder and not having any
luck. Here are the steps I took to set it up:

- First I deployed struts-example.war to my standalone Tomcat 3.2.4
server in order to expand the files (is there another way to expand a
WAR file?)
- created an empty JBuilder project and added a web application to the
project, called struts-example
- moved all the source files from the
<tomcat>\webapps\struts-example\WEB-INF\src folder to the \src folder in
the JBuilder project
- copied all the necessary *.xml, *.tld, *html and *.gif files to their
appropriate places under the struts-example root folder
- created a project library called "Struts 1.0" (in JBuilder --> Tools >
Configure Libraries) which consists only of struts.jar
- selected project Properties > Paths > Required Libraries and added the
following libraries:
    - Struts 1.0 (struts.jar)
    - Tomcat 3.2 Servlet (existing JBuilder library)
    - JAXP (existing JBuilder library, required by Struts)
- selected the web application Properties > Classes and selected "Always
include all classes and resources", then under the Dependencies tab I
selected "Always include all classes and resources" for the "Struts 1.0"
library (so struts.jar) will be placed in the /lib folder of the web
application when deployed); and I selected "Never include any classes or
resources" for the other two libraries: "JAXP" and "Tomcat Servlet 3.2".

When I rebuild the project, it does so successfully, however I get nine
"class has been deprecated" warnings, for example:

"SaveRegistrationAction.java": Warning #: 368 : class
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils in package org.apache.struts.util
has been deprecated at line 83, column 31"

... and:

"DatabaseServlet.java": Warning #: 368 : class
org.apache.struts.util.BeanUtils in package org.apache.struts.util has
been deprecated at line 83, column 31"

If I tried to run the project from within JBuilder anyways, and I got
the following error message (some of the message omitted for brevity):