Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Henning Brune <he...@googlemail.com> on 2010/09/01 17:14:42 UTC

Conflicting internationalisation in roller UI

Hello,

we are running a roller 4.0.1 installation with several blogs in
german language. Now we started the first blog in english and face the
problem of some texts not beeing translated. An example is the
calendar as you can see in the screenshot. The day names are in
english as expected, but the link 'today' is still in german
('heute'). After taking a look into the source code it seems as if in
this case the locale is taken from the VM (CalenderTag.java) and not
from the blog settings. Probably this is a similar problem as
described here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1413

We don't need a perfect solution, but a hint on how to circumvent this
would be great!

Best regards,
Henning

Re: Conflicting internationalisation in roller UI

Posted by Henning Brune <he...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Dave,

in the weblog settings its 'english' while our other blogs use
'german'. The VM locale is set to 'german'.

If you want to play with it: http://ekvv.uni-bielefeld.de/blog/uninews/

A similar problem exists in the paging navigation where the link
pointing to the startpage still has the german text 'Startseite'. And
in the list of RSS Feeds the complete Feed is named 'Alle' instead of
'all'.

Thank you for your help,
Henning

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.