Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Manjunath B.V." <ma...@lycos.com> on 2001/04/24 08:04:36 UTC

A book on 'Tomcat', SURE!!!!

Hello all,
Hello William, David, Bill, Anne, Martin, Ed, Chad, Armin, Joel, Mark and all the people interested in bringing out a book on Tomcat.
      Let me introduce myself to you first. I'm Manjunath.B.V, A Tech Editor for Wrox and I'm a subscriber to the tomcat mailing list.I have been contemplating the thought of editing a book on "Tomcat" for quite sometime now and your mail actually hit upon my thoughts and made it stronger.
      I feel that tomcat has made it's mark and works wonderfully well as a servlet and JSP server(been using it for more than eight months now). It's beyond compare. But there seems to be no book on the whole of planet earth apart from the docs.
      So would it possible for some/all of you to take the initiative to write a book on tomcat, which can reach hundreds of thousands and work wonders for the Open Source Community.
      Interested developers can write to me and say "YES. We are damn interested" and lo we have a beautiful book on Tomcat coming up for all the Tomcat lovers in the world!!!
      Together we can do it!

      Cheers!

      Manjunath.B.V.
      Technical Editor,
      Open Source Editorial,
      Wrox Press Ltd.

Mail me back at manjubv@wrox.com.

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!

RE: A book on 'Tomcat', SURE!!!!

Posted by Charles Lee <cl...@hubstorm.com>.
I am very interested in. I have configued Tomcat in my company and It has
been running for a while. I would like to contribute the hand on experience
to the book.

Charles Lee
Sr. Software Architect
Hubstorm Corporation