Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Luca Stretti <lu...@email.it> on 2008/02/04 17:47:34 UTC

question about dtd and namespaces

Hi all, I'd like to know if there is a way of making FOP work in an
"offline environment" .. without having to specify nothing of w3.org
domain for setting dtd and namespace, actually my stylesheets don't work
if internet connection hangs off.

thank you, regards
Luca

Re: question about dtd and namespaces

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
DTDs are loaded by the XML parser, not by FOP. What you can do is
setting a URIResolver (if you're using the TraX Transformer pattern
exclusively like we show it in our examples) or an EntityResolver (if
you use SAXParser/XMLReader/DocumentBuilder). You get both together
(CatalogResolver) if you use Apache XML Commons Resolver with an XML
Catalog, in which you redirect the URLs pointing to the internet to
local copies on your intranet.

More info here:
http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/index.html

You can also try to disable validation on the XML parser.

Good luck.

On 04.02.2008 17:47:34 Luca Stretti wrote:
> Hi all, I'd like to know if there is a way of making FOP work in an
> "offline environment" .. without having to specify nothing of w3.org
> domain for setting dtd and namespace, actually my stylesheets don't work
> if internet connection hangs off.
>
> thank you, regards
> Luca

Jeremias Maerki