Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Roytman, Alex" <Ro...@peacetech.com> on 2005/02/08 04:18:44 UTC

Containers to expose LogFactory

Dear tomcat developers,

I think it might be very beneficial if container exposed log factory e.g
public Log getLog(String name) so all classes using context logger can
get their own named loggers rather then sharing context's single one. As
it stands now, for those classes there is no way to set logging level
independently. If those classes created their own named loggers from
context log factory they can be configured independently.

If we do not use context logger (just typical commons logging pattern)
it is not possible to predict where logging output will go as it depends
very much on which class loader loaded this class. For example we have
many extensions to tomcat which are loaded by server class loader on per
context basis. We would love to be able to channel all their output to
their respective context's log file rather the the global one but retain
ability to have separate channels (loggers) for different components

I would appreciate any suggestions

Thank you

Alex

Re: Containers to expose LogFactory

Posted by Brennon Obst <d4...@hotmail.com>.
HELP!

I cant get off this damn list when I email
tomcat-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org as instructed. I tried blank
subject line and everything. ARR!

someone block me.

/b