Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by uromahn <ur...@paypal.com> on 2012/02/13 23:08:39 UTC

[WARNING] Build Issue with dependency 'jline'

Hello,

I just got the latest Karaf sources from trunk. While building it constantly
failed because it was not able to download the jline dependency from any of
the remote repos.

After digging into it, I found out that the jline project decided to change
the group ID from net.sf.jline back to jline. This change caused the publish
into the nexus to only create the meta data but no real artifact (i.e. no
JAR).

So here is how I had to fix it:
1. update the Karaf pom.xml and changed the artifact ID from 'net.sf.jline'
to 'jline, and
2. get the jline2 source from trunk (github) and build it myself so it gets
inserted into my local repo (not available on any public repo).

Hope that helps some folks to get over this hurdle.
-Uli

Re: [WARNING] Build Issue with dependency 'jline'

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've made the discussed change to our poms, i now see regression test
failures, but that also happened when using jline version
2.6-20120119.102514-6 (last snapshot).

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Can someone change the jline version in the root pom to 2.6-20120119.102514-6 ?
Hadrian told me it should fix the problem, but I don't have a clean
copy of trunk right now ...

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I raised:

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-2937

for the Sonatype guys.

The latest SNAPSHOT deployed (last Saturday) is not full (no jar, no
sources, no cheksums, only the pom).

Regards
JB

On 02/13/2012 11:08 PM, uromahn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got the latest Karaf sources from trunk. While building it constantly
> failed because it was not able to download the jline dependency from any of
> the remote repos.
>
> After digging into it, I found out that the jline project decided to change
> the group ID from net.sf.jline back to jline. This change caused the publish
> into the nexus to only create the meta data but no real artifact (i.e. no
> JAR).
>
> So here is how I had to fix it:
> 1. update the Karaf pom.xml and changed the artifact ID from 'net.sf.jline'
> to 'jline, and
> 2. get the jline2 source from trunk (github) and build it myself so it gets
> inserted into my local repo (not available on any public repo).
>
> Hope that helps some folks to get over this hurdle.
> -Uli

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Re:[WARNING] Build Issue with dependency 'jline'

Posted by uromahn <ur...@paypal.com>.
Update to my original post:

3. you also have to update the pom.xml inside shell/console and change the

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, but not completely true. There are public snapshots at the sonatype
repos. Though, as jb discussed on the sonatype lists already there are some
problems with the artifacts. Building them yourself though solves the
problem. Thx for pointing it out.

Kind regards Andreas

Send from my mobile. Please excuse the brevity and/or possible auto
correction errors.