Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "颜发才 (Yan Facai)" <ya...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/19 02:41:16 UTC

study materials for operators on Dataframe

Hi,
I am a newbie,
and the official document of spark is too concise for me, especially the
introduction of operators on dataframe.

For python, pandas gives a very detailed document: [Pandas](
http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/index.html)
so,
does anyone know some sites or cookbooks which are more helpful for newbie?

Thanks.

Re: study materials for operators on Dataframe

Posted by Kevin Mellott <ke...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend signing up for a Databricks Community Edition account. It
will give you access to a 6GB cluster, with many different example programs
that you can use to get started.

https://databricks.com/try-databricks

If you are looking for a more formal training method, I just completed the
EDX course linked below. The lecture videos were provided by UC-Berkeley
professors, and the labs are all run on Databricks. The classes are no
longer active (so no professor interactions); however, you can still access
all of the lectures and labs for free.

https://courses.edx.org/dashboard/programs/21/data-science-and-engineering-with-spark

PS: I am not in any way associated with Databricks, I just happen to find
their product extremely useful (especially for training purposes).